Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Black Bike



Is this a fabulous bike or what?! Lamp and bell included! I found this bike here. My mother had one very similar to this one when I was small. She had a large basket on the front and there are pictures of me as a baby bundled up and riding in that very basket and she is so gorgeous looking like a young Jackie O in her pedal pushers, sleeveless shirt and red lipstick and black hair.

Too young yet for my 10-speed, but too old to take my green bike with the banana seat, my mom let me take her bike to Summer camp. I was in heaven! I rode that bike everywhere! I loved that bike and mom rode it for years and years with us on many bike rides.

1 comment:

Jo said...

I love it, too. That's a fine one.
Those were some great days. Can't
wait until we can do that again.
Love ya, Mom