Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Witty Dialogue of a Fashion Conscious College Student #7: Disney Week!

Hello, everyone! :) It's Savannah, excited to start college next week! I am very excited about it. (Not to worry, I'll still blog).
This week, I'll be doing something a little different. I've declared this week Disney week, because I have not one, but THREE Disney inspired outfits to show you.

can you paint with all the colors of the wind?Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

can you paint with all the colors of the wind? by bunnylemonade featuring William Rast jeans

I really like the story of Pocahontas. I'm glad she's one of the Disney princesses because not only is she a "princess" per se (daughter of a chieftain), she's a selfless woman who puts all other's needs before her own, especially when her tribe needs her. Not to mention the great music in the film as well (I included some lyrics in the set).
I tried to stay true to her original outfit, so I went with a neutral one-shoulder top to shadow her dress in a modern way. I added skinny jeans in a medium to dark wash, along with a fabulous print bag and woven sandals. Accessory-wise, I made sure to include a turquoise necklace like the one Pocahontas wears in the film, along with red jewelry to mirror her tattoo and red lipstick. There's Sephora by OPI nail polish in there for fun. :)


Ariel's one of my top 3 Disney princesses (Cinderella, Ariel, and Sleeping Beauty). She's definitely a hopeless romantic (like me), and she can sing (I was in chorus for 4 years).
As far as her outfit goes, it's pretty simple. I found a cute dress with flowers on it (because Ariel loves putting flowers in her hair) and paired it with dark skinny jeans from Rock & Republic. The purple in the dress mirrors her shell top, and the green heels mirror her tail. I thought the Betsey Johnson earrings and Disney Couture necklace were fitting. I included a set of OPI nail polishes so that you could decide for yourself what color nails would look good with the outfit. All of them could work :)


PrincessJasmineFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

PrincessJasmine by bunnylemonade featuring Cargo jeans

Princess Jasmine is also awesome, and her color is blue (my favorite! yay!) so I had a lot of fun with this one. Jasmine is the one Disney princess who isn't normally pictured wearing a dress; she wears harem pants with a cropped top instead. I played with that by pairing a a top with a banded hem and skinny cargo pants.
Accessory and jewelry-wise, I had lots of fun. The shoes are very fun, but I especially love the headband and large earrings. The makeup I featured is from Nars and Versace. I actually own the eyeshadow featured; it's bright blue and extremely sparkly. I thought the sheer coral gloss would work nicely without clashing.
The tiger plushie is reminiscent of Jasmine's tiger Raja, while the rose ring is inspired by the rose Aladdin/Prince Ali gives her in the movie.

Well, that takes care of this week's Disney special. :)
I won't be posting next week because of my freshman orientation. However, I do have a special treat when I do post in a couple of weeks :) I think you all will like it. Also, if you want to see another Disney character-inspired outfit, or another country, or whatever, please comment and let me know :) I love getting feedback.
If you like these outfits, check out my other work at polyvore.com, search for username bunnylemonade.

See you in a couple of weeks!

xoxo
Savannah

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Love Pocahontas!!!

Anonymous said...

(I figured out how to comment!) Love it Savannah! You are so talented! So, since you are the "fashion conscious college student", you must make sure I leave for class looking decent everyday! And I might just make you post next week regardless of orientation...because I enjoy reading this every Tuesday! :)

~kt

Unknown said...

Re: Mrs. Mindy-Thank you! :D

Re: Katie-Thank you Katie!! Yay! :D Maybe you could help me pick out some outfits for next week ;)

xoxo
Savannah

Anonymous said...

Speehless!.. What a talent!