Friday, October 2, 2009

My Little Ukulele




I loved my ukulele! I don't know when my parents got me a ukulele and Leslie a small guitar, but I loved that little thing. I had a music book that told me where to place my fingers and was able to play a few little tunes. Eventually we lost the music book and all I could remember was how to tune my ukulele to "My dog has fleas...". Don't ask me where that tune comes from, it was just what you were supposed to sing to tune the strings.

Everyone always wanted to play my ukulele because it was just the perfect size to jam with.

Massachusetts is the home of the Ukulele Hall of Fame. If you would like to see my ukulele, it is in Georgia at my parents house probably being played sometimes by my sweet niece making her own memories.

Please enjoy this fun old video.


1 comment:

Jo said...

Second time around the block-
Yes, lots of fun with that cute
little ukulele.