Friday, November 12, 2010

Books and Memories

Our much loved independent book store, Davis-Kidd Booksellers, is closing at the end of December. Every Wednesday when I meet my darling daughter for lunch, we always go spend some time in Davis-Kidd. We have been doing our book, magazine and gift shopping with Davis-Kidd for over 20 years. It's where we had many books signed and met many authors. It's where Women's National Book Association had their monthly meetings, writing groups met at Bronte Bistro and many book clubs held discussions. We loved it in its very first spot at the old Green Hills mall, our favorite at Grace's Plaza and its present location at the new Green Hills mall where the Castner Knott was before. We will miss you!



1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh no, why is it closing? I loved going there when I was at LU! We have one here, I wonder if it's closing too? So, where will you go now?