Saturday, May 14, 2011


Summer and travel. Two of my favorite words. School is letting out, families come back together and a holiday is usually in the making. We have arrived at my parents home for a visit and my car was so full that I even amazed myself at what I was able to put into it and how long it took for us to unload. One small piece of luggage held books alone. Don't you hate to be somewhere and all of a sudden you do not have a book just waiting for that right moment to read? Or a pillowcase you have been dying to embroider with that Queen Anne's lace flower? Or that clay pot that you made a divine dinner with that you just have to fix at your destination? Or those magazines that have piled up and you haven't had a chance to look at? Well, I don't have to worry about that, because I brought everything!

Yes, I brought everything. All of this plus one daughter and two miniature schnauzers in their car seats. Yes, car seats. They are able to see out the windows and double as beds at our destination. We like our own pillows...why can't they enjoy their own bed?

Anywho, our Summer has officially begun and I am ready for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the most wonderful time to be at the beach. The temperature is so pleasant. We have had pouring down thunderstorms, too, but they just make things pretty and fresh. THe best thing about is we are here with our Julie and Savannah. Love, Mom