Monday, June 2, 2008

Suitcase is Packed Tight

This was our group last year.  This year we have only fifteen going, but it will be just as fabulous, I'm sure! I'll still miss Mom going, though. Twenty-nine have already signed up to go next year to Paris and the Chateaux region!  Lots of High School graduates, so Sav is excited about that.

The suitcase is packed tight and we are ready to go!

Savannah's summer reading requirement is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and The Tempest by Shakespeare.  How appropriate is that!  We are going to try to find the books at a London bookseller, so reading them will be extra special!  I am enjoying Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.  Sorry Emily, I still tend to favor your sister's Jane Eyre.  Both are wonderful reading though.  We are traveling to Haworth, where the Bronte family lived.  Lovely countryside!

I have 2 duffle bags folded and packed in the suitcase just in case we find books and more books!  Leslie and I found out they get quite heavy when we hit that mystery bookstore in Boston.  Of course I will also be looking for some great tasting tea and a pretty tea cup! 

Cheers!
 


1 comment:

Mandy said...

I know you will all have such a good trip! I'm glad you're going again this year...and next year! I can't wait! Love you all - happy and safe travels!