Friday, June 20, 2008

Where Home Is??

With all the beautiful places I am blessed to visit, I am always ready when it is time to come home. I am grateful for the home I live in, but without my loved ones nearby, it is just a shell. 

We always think we need all these different "things" in our life, but the truth of the matter is, we don't.  When I was sick with cancer the first time, we started researching all these special hospitals all over the country that specialized in the type I had, the research they were conducting, the doctors, and the success rate.  When it came down to crunch time and a decision had to be made, I decided that the most important thing for me at the time was to be close to my family, friends and my faith.  I can say that we did happen to have an incredible teaching university hospital close by and I was blessed to find the perfect doctor for me.

Saying all that, I love to have adventures and visit new places, but there is NO place like home. Home is with DH, Sav, my parents, sister, in-laws, best friends, church family, school friends...etc..  I can easily do without certain things, but I cannot do without having my family near me.

I guess I say all this because my heart is heavy because a friend of mine is trying to decide whether they should move or not.  Should they go where their family members are, should they stay where they are, should they move closer to family but not too close? She is dealing with homesickness and truly trying to do the right thing.  I dearly love this family.  They are always thinking about what is best for their children's future and how to get them all to heaven.  But she is torn like so many young families are in certain stages of their lives. Of course, I want to be selfish and say please stay, we need you.  But, I know what it is like to live a state away from your mother.  My heart is sad to think they may leave, but I have faith that whatever they decide, and where they are lead, those sweet children have a very bright future with their precious parents.   

No comments: