Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Paper, Ribbons, and Tags Oh My!

Most of  you who know me know that I love wrapping paper, tags, cards, and ribbon, ribbon and more ribbon!  I have been having fun sorting and wrapping gifts for my loved ones.  I love to choose just the right paper for the individual, all the while listening to Christmas music.

Savannah is a great help with wrapping too and gets better every year!  I love wrapping presents so much that when I go home to Georgia, I will want to wrap Mom's stash too!  Mom loves that!

When I was little I wanted to work at one of the wrapping stations and wrap all day.  I buy huge rolls of paper from Nashville Wraps and have a different theme every year.  Last year was the red with the citrus green color.  This year I am wrapping more old fashioned ways.  Lots of brown paper packages tied up with string! 

I tend to buy Christmas paper wherever I am.  In Birmingham with Kimberly, I found some pretty green toile on brown and polka dotted boxes that can be used for gifts or baked goods.

Raffia, tulle, satin ribbon, wired ribbon, slinky like ribbon...I use it all.

If I am in Atlanta on the day after Christmas, Leslie, Mom and I always have to go to Buckhead to the Container store first thing for the great sales!

This past year I discovered Etsy on the internet and bought all the seashore theme tags that decorated the beach cottage Christmas tree.  They have some really neat people that make fabulous tags!

So, have fun getting into the spirit of Christmas in whatever way makes you happy and if you need to borrow any paper, you know where to go!

No comments: