Thursday, October 30, 2008

Elizabeth




Mom called Liz and Don said she was on the porch.  Liz got on the phone and mom said, "ARE YOU DOING WHAT I THINK YOU ARE DOING?" (Liz only smokes on the porch)  Liz answers calmly, "Yes." Mom just laughs, she is so blown away. (Liz is in her last stages of lung cancer) What can you say?  They talked for hours. 

Liz says she is going to do whatever she wants.  Mom says Liz has said that all her life.  Liz is moms first cousin, best friend, partner in crime growing up and an incredible mother. She lives in Oxford, Mississippi and has the MOST fabulous Southern accent! When mom wanted to have some fun, it was always with Liz.  I KNOW they have some great stories!

My mom gave me my middle name because of Liz and her daughters middle name is my moms name. Julie Elizabeth and Shelly Joanne

Liz is the one who has cooked every recipe in the Southern Living magazine, keeps an immaculate house, and loves her children and grandchildren more than anything in the world, all the while with a cigarette close in hand.  That's just who she is.

But everyone knows there has never been anything wrong with Liz's heart.  She is an original. Thank you Liz for giving my mom wonderful, wonderful memories.  

You are beautiful!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's sweet, Julie. Friends like that are once in a lifetime and how great to be family too! Hey, I tagged you on MY blog so now it's your turn!