Thursday, May 15, 2008

Roses and Non-Green Fingers


I had to show you a picture of my rose bush out back.  Now I do not have green fingers or thumbs.  My friend Jodie is amazed by this bush.  She is amazed because I have done literally nothing for this rose and it has still become about 5 feet high or more and twice as wide.  I guess it just likes the spot it is in.  I love walking past my french doors and see the vibrant pink outside.  

I enjoy perennials outside because they come back year after year and I don't have to do much except weed and mulch.  Inside plants are a different story.  I will bring in cut flowers and I set them around the house.  Green plants tend to die inside my house because I forget to water and then I give them to Inez so she can revive them. She'll try to give them back, but I tell her just to keep them or it would be a continuous cycle of dying and reviving until I totally kill it.  The only things I remember to water are my dogs.

Anyway, I am very grateful for my rose bush.

No comments: