Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Farmer's Market Time

This is one of my favorite times of the year. We are extremely busy working on different projects here, at church and with school coming to a close. But it also means good things are coming this way! 

Last Saturday the farmer's market opened! Most of you know how much I love the farmer's market here in my little town and the large one in downtown Nashville. I love the fresh food from a farmer's land here in my area. It's a great way to support the farmer's, but also a great way to build your own immune system!

I have been trying to switch over to more organic food lately. It is a little too expensive in the groceries, but since I have to make the trek to Nashville everyday, I am thankful for places like Trader Joe's where I can get the organic milk, eggs, juice, etc... for much less. At the farmer's markets, I am able to buy the organic berries, tomatoes, cantaloupes, greens and much more!

While my parents were here, I fixed them some of the turkey bacon that we have switched over  to instead of the pork bacon. They loved it! When DH says he likes it and won't be going back to the other, you know that's saying a lot! Each baby step helps!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

Whole Foods , Yum. I buy their turkey bacon too!