Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Faux Look of Books





Okay, I know I have enough books in my house to have books on every wall, but this look of tromp l'oeil books wallpaper is just too fabulous!  I love the look of the faux bookshelves sagging under the weight of the books!

I first spotted two of the photos on Lisa Borgnes Giramonti's blog. This is her actual dining room with guests over for dinner. It makes me want to paint my trim a dark color. The coziness of the book wallpaper is charming and does not take up as much space as real book shelves and books would.

The other photos are ones I found on the internet. The photo with the red chair is at a Parisian hotel and designed by Christian Lacroix. The top photo is a Brunswig & Fils wallpaper accented with chicken wire and I love the second photo with its hidden papered door!

No comments: