Friday, September 26, 2008

Finally Friday

I am looking forward to the first Presidential debate tonight.  I have cousins that live in Oxford right now and I am sure their little town is buzzing today. Hey Liz! Hey Bev! Hey Aunt Juanita! Hey Lauren!  Oxford is a beautiful town in north Mississippi with tons of history.  When my mom was at Ole Miss, she said she used to see William Faulkner walking to the square every day. Khaki pants, button up shirt. Mom said he was quite the character in town. She even saw Louis Armstrong play TWICE at Ole Miss. Cool, huh.  

We will be listening to the debate on DH's XM radio.  We are driving over and down to Humboldt, Tennessee for a funeral visitation.  A good friends father passed away.  It's about a 2 hour drive each way.  

It will be interesting to see how the candidates do.  I believe that a lot of prayer is needed for this election.  There will probably be many changes coming.  

Anywho, it's a beautiful day today and the breeze is cool.  I am very grateful for my life, loves, faith, family and friends.  Yes, I mean you!!

No comments: