Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pumpkinfest

Sorry it's been a while since I posted.  Just been one of those weeks that seems like you do and go but not much gets done.

I'm ready to move on to October.  It seems like September remains too warm these days.  I'm ready to pull out the sweaters, boots, tweeds, cardigans, suede and long sleeves.  I am ready for that little nip in the air and to smell the neighbors fire in their chimney.  I'm ready to want soup twice a week and to burn candles that smell like hot cider, cinnamon and cloves.

I love the changing of the leaves too.  Here in Franklin, we have what's called Pumpkinfest on October 25.  They close down Main street, children dress up, decorate little pumpkins (Sydney did this a couple years ago), crafts are sold, real kettle corn, and live music. I have old pictures of Poppy pushing Savannah in a stroller at Pumpkinfest.  It's lots of fun and always seems like the real beginning of Fall. The leaves should be spectacular that weekend.


No comments: