Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Holiday Reading

As the holidays draw near when I can read more in front of the fire at the cottage, I start a list of books I want to read and music I want to listen to.

I LOVE Christmas music and I definitely start listening to it on Thanksgiving day.  Here in Nashville, 94.1 starts Christmas music all day everyday until New Years.  I bought Loreena McKennitt's new Christmas CD and have heard that the last one she made was even better.  So that's on my list.

What I do is through the months, when I read a recommendation for a book, I will jot it down. Right now I have nine books and one CD on my list.  I will print that list out and go to the library to see if they have any of the books.  If they are not at the library, I will place them on my Amazon wish list.  I know a couple on this list are out of print and if they aren't at the library, I will have to do a search for a used copy.  

Here is my list (so far) :
CD- To Drive the Cold Winter Away-Loreena McKennitt

Cherry Cake & Ginger Beer: A Golden Treasury of Classic Treats-Jane Brocket

The Gentle Art of Domesticity:  Stitching, Bakery, Nature, Art & the Comforts of Home-Jane Brocket

Stitched In Time: Memory-Keeping Projects to Sew and Share-Alicia Paulson

The Last Duel: A True Story of Crime, Scandal and Trial by Combat in Medieval France- Eric Jager

The Country Gentleman- Fiona Hill

The Idylls of the Queen: A Tale of Queen Guenevere- Phyllis Ann Karr

Phantom-Susan Kay

Inkdeath (Inkheart)-Cornelia Funke

Murder on the Rocks (Gray Whale Inn Mysteries, No.1)-Karen MacInerney

  

No comments: