Saturday, March 28, 2009

Yummy Apricot Ginger Glazed Pork Dinner

I made the most delicious dinner tonight.  I doubled what I had planned to make Elaine and Phil so I didn't have to make two different menus.

Apricot ginger glazed pork tenderloin. Roasted potatoes (Savannah cut two bags up for me). Savannah made the green beans and then I finished with making 2 fudge pies for dessert.  Jodie was making her green beans for Elaine, sweet baked apples and ice cream for the pie. She also made two lovely spring bouquets for their table from her yard. 

The pork was yummy!  Salt & Peppered, garlic powder rubbed in. Searing and then spreading it with the apricot glaze (Sarah Beth's apricot/orange preserves, soy sauce, ginger puree, and minced garlic) and baked in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes.  Save half of the sauce for later at the plate. DH and Sav had seconds. Isn't that the best compliment to your dinner prep?

The secret to the roasted potatoes being so good was after they are roasted with the olive oil and the onion soup mix, when they come out of the oven, sprinkle 1/4 cup or so of grated parmesan.  I just sprinkle a handful or more.

Wish you could have had a taste!

No comments: