Monday, April 28, 2008

The Attitude Apron

My very wise, artistic friend made this little picture frame with the colored tissue paper apron with ribbon for me.  She has been married for 40 years or so and is blessed to have her own incredible DH (dear husband).  We have been in Bible study together for 20 years or so on Monday's and she is the mother of Clare (who we are going to visit in June), little Phil, Lyle and grandmother to 6 grandchildren.  

When she gave me this 'apron' gift, she enclosed a letter.  I want to share it...

"Apart from putting on my material apron, I am challenged to put on the attitude apron.  I Peter 5:5 says, 'You must all put on the servant's apron of humility to one another, because God opposes the haughty but bestows His unmerited favor on the humble.' The apron is an emblem of servant hood.  It's good  not only to put on our apron, ready to work hard in the home, but to have the same attitude in our hearts.  When we wear the servant's apron of humility, no task will ever seem too menial or too difficult to accomplish with God's presence and power."

God bless you, precious wife, friend and mother.  You are truly a blessing to me and your home--the world will never be the same because you are learning to know, love and serve your Savior. 
Because of Him, Elaine


God bless you Elaine. 

No comments: