Sunday, August 3, 2008

Making French Jewelry

While I was away at the beach, I had so much fun making necklaces, bracelets and some ear rings!  They were made with old glass beads from the 1920's, '30's, '40's, cabochons, lots of gluing pieces together, and antique lovelies. 

For Christmas this past year, DH bought me a monthly subscription to French Generals monthly Une, deux, trois club .  I had not had time to put anything together in the past few months, so I was backed up. They all have an old-fashioned look and are not like anything you usually see. Anthropologie might be as close as you get. I set everything up on the kitchen table and clipped, twisted, bent, and glued!  It was fabulous fun!

The girl that puts these kits together in Los Angeles has a real love and talent for collecting old beads and little lovelies. She travels all over the states and France and digs around old buildings and finds these caches of beads!   

I plan on having a lot of neat Christmas presents to give away this next December for my girls!

3 comments:

4mcknatt's said...

They sound gorgeous! I would love to see them.

Mandy said...

Oooh, I want to see pictures! You should check out my friend's blog - Courtney (not my sister, Courtney). She makes really neat jewelry. If you go to her blog, scroll down just a little and you'll see a link to her website - love my baby jewlery. Anytime I have extra money, I'm always buying something from her! Hope Leslie and the kids (uno who too) make it up this week. Todd...tires for her b'day?! What a nut! Hope ya'll have fun!

Uno Who said...

Hey, they're steel belted.